Anything and all Video Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Go

Go down

Pokemon Go Empty My first Battle!

Post by SonicBlaze41 Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:52 pm

Don't get too excited now, I lost. It is a very interesting system the way the battling works. I think I have scoped out the location that Captain and I will try to take out when he comes to visit. Stinks the way you only get 100 xp for knocking out a pokemon as well, and if you don't defeat the gym the pokemon comes back to life. Saving the trainer the revive plus HP potion to restore it back to life and full health.

Not gonna lie, the game has lost it's luster for me. I realize the game is motivating people to do something other than stay at home all day which I can appreciate. However, sometimes you just want to sit in your pajamas and eat pizza and drink soda all day and not leave your home. That means that a full day's worth of Pokemon go is nowhere near plausible. (Or worth it.)

I'll continue to play but I think I'll tone it down quite a bit from now on. Unless I can dedicate a good hour or two of my life at a library doing whatever.

Happy gaming!
SonicBlaze41
SonicBlaze41
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Go Empty Re: Pokemon Go

Post by SonicBlaze41 Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:57 am

I might be the only one interested in this game still but I thought I post some progress.

I hit level 15 yesterday. I've unlocked up to 147 of the Pokemon in the Pokedex, however, I've only caught around 50. I don't play it as often as people with data but it is fun seeing what's around my house and of course exploring to see who has wifi and where another pokestop is.

I won't bore you guys too much because I do think I'm the only one still playing it since it came out. I still think it's fun! I would play it more if I could!
SonicBlaze41
SonicBlaze41
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SonicBlaze41 Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:30 am

So glad I made this it's own topic. After a week of playing, I had to create a new account because I ran out of Pokeballs. Now I'm back to level 7 with a moderate amount. What's killing me is I don't have a data phone so I can't take the game with me. Unless I take it somewhere with Wifi, then I might get lucky and run into some different pokemon. If you haven't started playing the game, I highly recommend it. It's a FREE game and highly addicting. I'd like to share some tips for playing PKG, without the G.

I'm sitting at home with one of my old phones that I updated to download the free app. Even though I've had a lot of difficulty with my phone, internet, server issues, etc, the game is still worth it. However, if you're not on the "go" with the game you might run into the same pokemon over and over and at some point I"m going to have to break down and find the closest gym with wifi so I can restash my pokeballs. But here are a few tips I've learned only being able to connect to wifi and not having data:

-Resetting your phone causes that app to completely refresh. Even if you just caught 3-4 pokemon, you can shut your phone off, remove battery, replace battery and turn phone back on and get at least 2 more pokemon to appear after the app reboots. Pretty handy if you're just playing the game at home.

-Leaving the app open connected to a wifi source will allow some pokemon to venture to where you are, but simply walking around my backyard causes my avatar to run around in the game and allows more pokemon to appear. Even though I'm not "on the go" the game still thinks I am which causes more to appear.

-Since I'm not close to a gym, I have to be very careful about how I use my pokeballs and leveling. The only way for me to restock my pokeballs is by leveling so I flipped the camera option off for the game and used the "AR" switch which allows me to use less pokeballs per capture and ensures that I have maximum accuracy for capturing pokemon. At some point, I will have to find a gym, like I said, but I'm having fun rationing my pokeballs and carefully evolving certain types to help me level. I don't know how I'm going to incubate an egg (you have to walk around to do this) but I'll figure that out when I get there.

That's all for now. Really wanting to try out the battles and see how I do. Thinking of joining team instinct when I reach a gym. That's the only color I can really identify with since I'm not a science geek, nor do I have a thirst to be the best. I consider this to be a highly addicting casual game as with all the other games I own and play.

Thanks for reading. See ya soon! Very Happy
SonicBlaze41
SonicBlaze41
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Go Empty It works!

Post by SonicBlaze41 Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:18 am

I got my old Android phone to work!! I've already caught 4 Pokemon! It is so addicting!

My main concern is that it's another way other people to see the inside of your house... It's network based as well as GPS based.
SonicBlaze41
SonicBlaze41
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Go Empty Pokemon Go

Post by SonicBlaze41 Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:00 pm

I tried all my devices and I can't get it to work. I really wanted to catch a Pokemon today. I don't know that I'll be doing much with the game, but it would be fun to say that I've caught one in real life. tongue

What do you guys think about it?
SonicBlaze41
SonicBlaze41
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum